Electrate Zelig

ABOUT

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Surveillance-tracking

When under surveillance, under the constant gaze of the Other, the oscillating force of the subject's drive reacts and acts, performs, puts on the mask. The subject becomes the hunter, the model, the posh socialite, the tree hugger.

It is in the space of the other that he sees himself and the point in which he looks at himself. p.144


Trackers


What is involved in the drive is making oneself seen. The activity of the drive is in this making oneself and by relating it to the field of the other drives that we throw light on it. In this process of motion tracking with Syntheyes, I had come to the conclusion that this video would not work correctly, and I would just have to re-shoot. I have always been enamored by the process of things, and being able to track an object by looking at its representative pixels gave me many ideas to go by. The man that looks back at me sees himself, and looks over to his friend to convey the information. I can sense his friend's gaze upon him, as well as my own. I want to investigate this more.



No comments:

Post a Comment